We excel at providing IT services and solutions that are in high demand. ASGN is focused on higher margin work, leveraging existing strong relationships, and growing our business in large organizations.
ASGN has two segments of business, commercial and the federal government. In our commercial segment, we support more than 300 of the Fortune 500. We are growing through the ongoing development of these relationships and through the addition of new accounts. The key industries we specialize in are:
- Financial services
- Consumer & industrial
- Technology, media, & telecommunications
- Business and government services
Across these, the key issues most driving CIO spending plans are:
- Digital transformation: These projects consume a high percentage of CAPEX budgets in the effort to automate key business processes and make the best use of AI and machine learning.
- Cybersecurity: Every business now has data security issues. Every CIO project must protect the company’s data, its reputation, and its people. Security has become an even bigger challenge with remote work and with hackers taking daily advantage. Cybersecurity now consumes a large fraction of a CIO’s operating budget.
- Mobile and remote work: It’s here to stay and brings technical challenges beyond cybersecurity as IT departments are expected to ensure user experience across diverse systems they don’t control.
Since every business uses technology now, every business has these challenges, regardless of what it does. In 2023 the globe is expected to cross the threshold where more than half of GDP is driven by products and services generated by digitally transformed enterprises. Technology itself is contributing to the dramatic evolution of the workforce that we are experiencing now: Without technology remote work wouldn’t be possible. Better, more secure digital tools make it more effective every year.
To address all the challenges, sourcing and managing technical labor is changing into a hybrid model with a mix of internal experts and outsourced professional services.
According to a recent McKinsey survey the top skill gaps that companies have now are data analytics and IT. ASGN is exceptionally well-positioned to be part of the solution and integral in the new paradigm, as our shared-resources model is designed for exactly this way of working. With our exceptionally deep labor pool we are able to rapidly deploy the most qualified talent for a client’s immediate needs.
Areas of Expertise
In supporting digital transformation, we are focused on these areas of expertise where demand is sharply increasing:
- Data and analytics: visualizations, predictive analytics, data democratization through accessibility
- AI / ML: automation of complex processes, leveraging of data at scale, proactively resolution of customer issues
- Cloud: strategic assessment and roadmaps, testing, migration from outdated on-premise solutions, security solutions bolstered by partnerships with Amazon, Microsoft IBM and Google
- Cybersecurity: agile threat response and monitoring, vulnerability management, risk and compliance
- Digital marketing and strategy: social media, influencer campaigns, online advertising, branding and communication
- DevOps: merging development with ops to increase efficiency; deployment, release management, integration
- Digital / IT modernization: we put in place IT infrastructure and data centers, unify company communications, and deploy platform automation
The jump in demand for tech services has put a strain on many companies. Near-shore work is often sought out as more cost effective, using resources in Mexico, Canada, and Latin America. ASGN’s Mexican delivery center has doubled in growth since our acquisition of Intersys. We are leveraging this option across our client base and expect it to continue to grow.
Federal Government Sector
Our ECS division provides mission-critical IT services to departments and agencies in the US government. ECS is regarded as a trusted resource with deep relationships across government agencies. Most of its 3,500+ highly skilled employees have high security clearances.
Areas of Expertise
In supporting government agencies, we are focused on these areas of expertise:
- Cybersecurity: threats, responses, monitoring, vulnerability management, risk and compliance
- Application modernization: a central initiative across the US government is to modernize outdated systems
- Cloud solutions: a large subset of modernization
- Data and AI: leveraging data at scale
- Enterprise IT services: similar to the commercial segment, this is the suite of services that keep a large organization running
- Science and engineering: mathematics and modeling
Our federal government sector work is less affected by business cycles, increasing our stability and reducing our risk profile.
Both of our business segments are ideally positioned for growth and profitability in the intense demand of the current marketplace. Both are focused on higher-margin work, leveraging existing strong relationships, and growing our business in large organizations. Everyone needs IT services and solutions help now, and ASGN is here to provide it.